Getting your brows microbladed is one thing, but taking good care of it right after is a totally different story. A lot of people get confused with how they should actually take care of their microbladed brows, which is why you should always pay attention to your technician when they are giving you tips on how to take care of your freshly microbladed brows.
Below, we will discuss the most important things that you should do after getting microblading eyebrows services in Boise, Idaho.
Right After Getting it Done
The aftercare should start right after getting your brows done. Here are some of the most important things that you should do right after getting them done:
- Take a clean piece of tissue then gently blot your brows with it. This will help absorb the excess lymph fluid, which can harden if not removed right away.
- Make sure to do this every five minutes or so until you have noticed that the oozing has stopped.
For Days 1 to 7
The first seven days are the most crucial ones since the wound is still healing. To make sure that your brows will heal properly, make sure to do these things:
- Wash it gently with water and a gentle cleanser twice a day. Simply use your fingertips and do circular motions to make sure that the area is thoroughly cleaned.
- Do not scrub the area. Instead, make sure that you are gently rubbing it in circular motions to get rid of excess oil, bacteria, dead skin, and product buildup.
- Simply dry the area by blotting it with a clean piece of tissue. You do not have to worry, as washing it twice a day would not remove the pigment.
- Use the moisturizer given by your technician to make sure that your brows will be properly moisturized. Never use products that are heavily scented or has harsh chemicals in it, as this can irritate the area.
Other Aftercare Tips
- Make sure to use a clean pillowcase every time you go to sleep. Pillowcases can harbor bacteria and dirt, which can then irritate your freshly microbladed brows.
- Avoid picking on the wound, as this can make the tattoo look blotchy.
- Do not get other facial procedures done on your face for the next four weeks. Avoid getting Botox, facials, microdermabrasion, or other chemical peels and treatments.
- Do not expose your freshly microbladed brows to the sun. If you need to go outdoors, make sure to wear a hat.
- Avoid swimming, long and hot showers, and sleeping on your face for the next 10 days.
- Do not use any makeup or other products on your brows for the next 10 days.
Letting your brows heal on its own would be your best course, and you should listen to your technician and follow their advice to make sure that your brows will heal beautifully. Pay attention to it and if you notice any itching or irritation, then let your technician and your doctor know about it right away.